09 May 2012

Flowers & Butterflies

Hi everyone,

 

Hope that your week is going fine and that you are all well.

 

I have posted before that at times I take my inspiration from the colour choices in Design Series Papers and I must say one of my favourite papers at the moment is the Attic Boutique DSP in the Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue.

 

The paper has colours: Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla and Whisper White.

 

I wanted to use some yellow and I knew I had some Daffodil Delight ribbon, so used a section of the DSP with some Daffodil Delight on it.

 

So my colour choices are Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Soft Suede and Very Vanilla. 

 

I have used my ribbon, ‘bling’ of course and something that I rarely use - some pearls, so I have gone very girly!  I am collecting a number of cards Mum would like, so my choice for Mother’s Day will be interesting :)

 

The sketch for my card is from Sketchy Colors and you can see it here.

 

I have used the Just Believe stamp set and my Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die.  If you haven’t used this die, it embosses the butterflies and cuts them out in one go!  I keep the extra butterflies that I do not use in a container and they always come in handy.

 

The image was stamped in Daffodil Delight and sort of wiped with the Soft Suede inkpad before I stamped it on Very Vanilla card stock.

 

Here is my card:

 

 

P1000146_edited-1

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Just Believe

Card: Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Very Vanilla
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede

Accessories:  Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, 1/4” (6.4 mm) Daffodil Delight Grosgrain Ribbon, Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon (Retired), Basic Rhinestones, Pearls, Attic Boutique DSP,  Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

I nearly gave up with the layout because I could get the right look but once I added the other piece of DSP on the top section of the card, I was happy.

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Sketchy Colors Challenges - #116 Challenge

Creatalicious Challenges - #33 Butterflies and Flowers

Craft Room Challenge – Emboss It
Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge – #106 Use 3 of something

SUO Challenges - #44 May is for Mothers

Celebrate the Occasion – Mothers Day

Crafty Sentiments – Mothers Day

Ribbon Carousel Challenges – Word to Mother

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge – #97 Motherly Love

Use It Tuesday Challenge - #31 All about Mum

Crafty Boots Challenges - #4 Yellow

Love to Create Challenges - #14 For Mum/Special Lady

The Pink Elephant Challenges – All about Mum

Paper Pretties Monday Challenge – Use Ribbon

Lollipop Crafts Challenge – #79 Mama Mia

Kaboodledoodles Challenges - #118 Honouring Mothers

 

Well I am off to make a cup of tea, thanks for visiting my little creative corner and I hope to see you back soon…. Meg

24 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Meighan this is absolutely beautiful! I love the little butterflies with that stamp and your colors are lovely! So glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Deb Hoekstra said...

Beautiful card! Your layering is wonderful...love the technique you used for stamping the image. This is a favorite stamp set of mine, so I might have to try the technique. Thanks for joining at SUO Challenges.

Creations by Shirl said...

Gorgeous card.... love all those blings!

NanaConnie said...

Lovely card, Meighan! Fantastic papers. Thanks so much for playing in our "Motherly Love" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown. Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you again for our next challenge.
NanaConnie DT

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous card love all the layers work together, the soft suede compliments the yellow and blue very prettily. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous card Meighan, I love the little butterflies, they make the design pop.

Thank you for sharing your card with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Debi said...

a very pretty card Meighan, love the colour combo and those butteflies are a lovely touch, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, debi x

Maria said...

What a beautiful card! This is gorgeous, I love these colours together. Thanks for sharing your card with us over at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.

Maria x

Pat said...

Very pretty colors. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Cyndi said...

So beautiful! Love the soft colors and the scene! Thanks for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts!

StephC said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at UIT!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card. Love the yellow and blue! The little butterflies are a great touch. thanks for joining our challenge at Lollipop Crafts this week.
Tammy

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

I adore the soft tones you have used..this is so very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room "Emboss It" challenge this fortnight! Suzanne :)

Dharla's Hideout said...

Meighan, this card is so beautiful & sweet! Thanks so much for joining us at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge.

Valerie RC DT

Sonya said...

What a gorgeous card! Glad you joined us at UIT this week!

Designing with Debbie said...

Very pretty, soft and elegant card. Beautiful butterflies. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.
I have signed up to follow your blog I would for you to follow me as well djchrist71.blogspot.com

girlia said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at CTO

Lena Katrine said...

Great card in beautiful colors! Thanks for joining our challenge at Sketchy Colors this week! Hope to see you back at our next one too :)
Hugs, Lena Katrine

Jackie Randolph said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Your colors are beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!

Heidi Baks said...

Love this stamp, and it is so beautiful with the pop up butterflies! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Stunning card, your stamped images along with your DP's made for a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Mother's Day" Challenge :)

Esther said...

Really pretty card..love the colours and gorgeous embossing..Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

Esther said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for joining CTO this week!

The Mama Monkey said...

You won our challenge at Use It Tuesday! Please email us at UseItTuesday {at} gmail {dot} com to arrange our Guest Designer spot! :)

Post a Comment