08 October 2010

Greenhouse Gala Trio

 

When I looked at the Greenhouse Gala DSP, I was not real sure I should purchase it as it seems very bright and not normally my style but it has provide a new challenge and the colours have grown on me.

 

The Greenhouse Gala DSP can be found on page 125 of the current catalogue and this DSP contains the following colours: Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Baja Breeze.

 

Some of the colours found in the DSP provide me with inspirations for the following three cards.

 

 

Greenhouse Gala trio

 

 

The first card I create used a large sample of the DSP and a some of the lovely pumpkin pie cardstock.  This card should make any friend feel bright :)

 

 

Greenhouse Gala print

 

 

 

 

 

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Friends Never Fade
Card: Basic Grey, Whisper White 
Ink: Pear Pizzazz
Accessories:  Greenhouse Gala DSP, Scallop Edge Border Punch,  Dimensionals, Basic Grey Taffeta Ribbon (Retired), SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You know how sometimes things just fall together, well this is what basically happened with this card.

 

I punched out some circles from DSP paper and placed them on the card and the result is below.

 

 

Greenhouse Gala circle

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Friends Never Fade, Vintage Labels
Card: Basic Grey, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Basic Grey
Accessories:  Greenhouse Gala DSP, Scallop Edge Border Punch,  Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Whisper White 3/8” (1cm) Taffeta Ribbon,
1-3/8” (3.5 cm) Circle Large Punch,
1-1/4” (3.2 cm) Circle Large Punch

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was late at night when I finished the last card and I wondered what effect I would get if I cut the DSP and sort of layered it with a little space in between. 

 

I also stamped and cut out  flowers from the Friends Never Fade set (on page 71 of the current catalogue) and added a touch of Dazzling Diamonds in the centre of each flower.

 

I like the end result - another bright happy card to give someone.

 

 

Greenhouse Gala split

 Supplies:
Stamp sets: Friends Never Fade, Teeny Tiny Sentiments 
Card: Basic Grey, Whisper White,

Ink: Basic Grey, Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories:  Greenhouse Gala DSP,  Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Word Window Punch, Dazzling Diamonds, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

 

Thanks for stopping by and visiting, please leave a comment if you feel like it.

 

Until next time, keep creating – Meg

0 comments:

Post a Comment