25 February 2012

A little bit of Glitz

What a beautiful day we have had today lovely sunlight with a slight breeze just wonderful.

 

I have been playing around with a sketch I saw on the Clean and Simple web site – click here to have a look.

 

Unfortunately the link closed before I could link my card but when I saw the sketch I just knew I wanted to use the Medallion background stamp as the larger image on the card.

 

I used the Iridescent Ice embossing powder on the Medallion image for a little extra ‘bling’ but I also used a Rhinestone on the butterfly!

 

I thought the sentiment from the Elements of Style stamp set was a nice addition and I layered this on some Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon.

 

I used one of the Tags from the Lots of Tags Sizzlits Die Set and punched them out on Very Vanilla and Pretty in Pink cardstock. 

 

The Very Vanilla tag has been trimmed so you get see the edge of the Pretty in Pink cardstock underneath.

 

I like the card, at first I thought it was too dark but the card is growing on me.

 

 

IMG_1980_edited-1

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Medallion, Elements of Style

Card: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla
Ink: Versa Mark, Pretty in Pink

Accessories:  5/8” (1.6 cm) Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, 1-3/4” (4.4 cm) Circle Punch, 1-1/4” (3.2 cm) Circle Punch, Iridescent Ice Embossing Power, Lots of Tags Sizzlits Die Set, Basic Rhinestones, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

I will enter this card at the challenges found at :

 

4 Crafty Chicks – photo inspiration, for the texture and vanilla/black/light pink colours

Sarah Hurley Challenges – Challenge # 60 Die Cuts, used Lots of Tags Die set

Flutter by Wednesday – Photo Inspiration, wonderful shades of pink

 

Thanks for visiting once more, come back soon and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

 

Till next time keep safe….. Meg

4 comments:

Pia S said...

I think the colours work well together. And I especially like the effect of just one half of the doily.

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, nicely done!

Mel said...

This is just utterly stunning wee creation! Perfect for our die Cuts Challenge
Thanks for joining in the fun at Sarah Hurley Challenges this week!
Hugs Melly xxx

Lori Turner said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Post a Comment