23 April 2012

Layer Punch Flowers

Well I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy but us girls - my Mum, my daughter and I had a lovely dinner together on Saturday night :)

 

Now on to the card I wanted to share with you.

 

The layout is the Mojo Monday layout # 237 and I have combined it with the colour challenge from Play Date Cafe which is very bright Orange and Pink with White.

 

I used the Triple Layer Punch and I punched out 4 flowers in Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo.

 

I used the outline of the Melon Mambo flowers and attached them to a Whisper White  strip of card stock.  I added dimensionals to the back of the Tangerine Tango punched flower and lined it up the Melon Mambo outline with some ‘bling’ to the centre of the punched flower. 

 

The base card of Tangerine Tango was embossed with the Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and I swiped the Tangerine Tango ink pad across the card stock.

 

I daubered a light touch of Tangerine Tango ink to the edge of the Whisper White strip but I wanted to add a little bit more.  So with a scrap of Melon Mambo card stock I punched out a border with the Lace Ribbon Border punch.  I cut the border in half and daubered some Whisper White craft ink on the Melon Mambo border to soften the colour a little.

 

The sentiment “Cherish” is from the Baroque Motifs stamp set and has been punched out with the Modern Label punch.

 

Here is my card:

 

P1000091_edited

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Baroque Motifs

Card: Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Whisper White Craft Ink

Accessories:  Triple Layer Punch Blossom Bouquet, Modern Label Punch, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Stripes Textured Impression Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

This is different to my normal cards but I just gave it a try to see what I would get – as a number of my other stamping buddies say “it’s only cardstock” and you don’t know until you try.

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Mojo Monday Challenge - #237 Sketch

Play Date Cafe - #128 Colour Challenge

Fussy and Fancy Challenge - #61 Punches / Dies

Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge – Stripes or Checks, you chose

 

Thanks for visiting once more, see you next time… Meg

2 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH! I love that inking on the embossed background! LOVE your layered flowers too:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for joining us at Crafty catz this week

Post a Comment