14 April 2012

What a Beautiful Autumn Day..

Hi everyone,

 

It has been a beautiful day today and we have been at the Easter Show.  It was glorious Autumn  weather, we checked out all the animals at the show, wood chopping and Charlize’s best part.. the Show Bags ! 

 

Now on to the card that I want to share a card with you.  The colours are from the colour challenge at  Come and Get It Color Challenge – Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze and Perfect Plum.

 

The sketch layout is from Mojo Monday Blog and it looked really simple but my goodness I changed my mind on how use the colours with the sketch and the stamp sets I was going to use many times.

 

I finally decided on Perfect Plum for the base of the card and added some the Pear Pizzazz 1/2” (1.3 cm) Stitched-Poly Ribbon.

 

The stamped flower is from the Array of Sunshine (Hostess set) and for the first layer I stamped it in Baja Breeze and rocked the stamp around on the edge of the Perfect Plum inkpad.  I then stamped out two more flowers in Baja Breeze and Perfect Plum, cut them out and layered it all together with some dimensionals.

 

The Perfect Plum layer has been embossed with the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder and at the last minute I added a bright shiny Rhinestone, of course :)

 

The sentiment is from the Word Play stamp set and has been stamped in Perfect Plum.

 

Here is my card….

 

P1000051_edited-1

 

 

 

 

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Word Play, Array of Sunshine (Hostess)

Card: Perfect Plum, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Perfect Plum, Baja Breeze

Accessories:  1/2” (1.3 cm) Pear Pizzazz Stitched-Poly Ribbon, Elegant Lines, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am really like the flower and even though it takes a little time to cut out the layers, I believe the end result is worth it.

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Mojo Monday - #236 Sketch

Come and Get It Color Challenge – Colour Challenge

Crafts & Me Challenges – 3D Embellishments

Crafty Creations Challenges - #165 Flower Power

Pixie Dust Studio - #122 Ribbons

 

Have a wonderful weekend and please visit again soon…. Meg

8 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Hello Meighan~
Such a pretty card love the bg embossing too.
Thanks for playing along with PDS ribbon challenge and good luck..
I'm also your newest follower!
Have a great Friday...

Julie Temple said...

This is SO lovely! I agree...that gorgeous flower was SO worth the trouble to cut it out! Thanks so much for joining us at Come and Get It this week!

Julie

Elaine coustley said...

Lovely sentiment on your lovely card . x

Harriet H said...

beautiful card !!!!!

* Shell B.* said...

Very pretty card Meighan!


Glad to see you join us at Come and Get It Challenges......Good Luck!

Shell~Alaska♥

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining in at the Come and Get it Challenges.

crafty amy said...

This is beautiful I LOVE the way you have made that flower 2 toned :D Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx
P.S. Do you fancy a crafty get away? I am arranging one for October this year and there are still spaces. Click HERE for details

craftyb said...

Such an elegant card - LOVE these colours together. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

Post a Comment