22 May 2012

Holly Jolly Penguin

Hi everyone,

 

It’s time for another challenge at Holly Jolly Christmas and this week I am hosting the challenge.

 

The challenge is Anything Goes with Ribbon.  So if want to get ahead start on your Christmas cards pop over and check out what the other Design Team members have created and join in the fun.  I have posted the link here.

 

My card was created using Old Olive, Real Red and Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped some snow swirls from the Snow Swirled stamp set in Old Olive ink to create a background on the Old Olive cardstock.

 

The image is the Sponsors image and I have coloured part of the Penguin image in using Stampin’ Pastels Basic Grey.  The Penguin’s scarf and beanie have been coloured in with Real Read and Old Olive ink using the Aqua Painter. At the ends of the scarf and beanie I have added a touch of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint on top of the Real Red ink and some on the trim and ear muffs of the beanie.

 

I have also used the Top Note Die to cut out the image and cut out another piece of cardstock (Real Red) with the Top Note Die and layered the two together.  I added a touch Real Red ink with a dauber to the edges of the image layer.

 

The sentiment is from the Perfect Punches stamp set and has been stamped twice and the words have been punched and layered with dimensions on the first image.  The two layers have then been added to the card with dimensionals.  The ribbon is a retired Real Red ribbon.

 

Oh and of course I could not resist and added some ‘bling’  - Love my ‘bling’ :)

 

Here is my card….

 

 

P1000213_edited-1

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Snow Swirled, Perfect Punches, Robyn’s Fetish – Paul Penquin

Card: Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White, Copic paper
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive

Accessories:  1-1/4” (3.2 cm) Circle Punch, Top Note Die, Stampin Pastels, Real Red Ribbon (retired), Basic Rhinestones, Daubers, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

I am really happy with the card and have added it to my Christmas card stash and it is only May!! 

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Hotshot Craft Challenges – # 8 Die Cuts

Card Crafters Circle Challenges – #23 Sparkle

Patties Creations Challenge – #44 Recipe, use 3 or more

Great Impressions Monthly Challenge – #3 Anything Goes

Craft Your Days Away Challenges – #45 All Creatures Great & Small

Di’s Digi Designs Challenge – Show Us that Bling

Just Some Lines Challenge – Show Us your Birds

 

Well hope that your week has started of well, hope to see you back soon…. Meg

3 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Wow. Love the colours. Great card.

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Wonderful card Meighan, I love all that pop of red and green.
Cindy

Julie Temple said...

He is too cute! Love your layout...and of course the Bling...a girl HAS to have Bling!

Julie

Post a Comment