18 May 2012

Pink CAS

Hi everyone,

 

Clean and simple (CAS) cards are always a challenge for me as I automatically go for layers.  So I wanted to try the current challenge at Less is More which is to create a one layer card with
3 stamps.

 

Yes this was definately a challenge for me. I had lots of ideas but nothing was working and I nearly gave up.  In the end I just started to try out different things to see what worked.

 

In the end I settled on Very Vanilla card stock and a monochromatic look in pink.  I have used Regal Rose, Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink for the inks.

 

I have used two stamp sets Word Play – love all the sentiments in this set and the Vintage Vogue stamp set which I have not used for a while.

 

I stamped the sentiment in Melon Mambo in the left hand corner of the card and then created a sort of border with the swirly flowery image from the Vintage Vogue set. This was stamped in Pretty in Pink.

 

I left a space near the end of the swirly border and stamped the smaller flower image in the space in Regal Rose ink.

 

Couldn’t resist adding some bling to the flower :)

 

Here is my card:

 

P1000204_edited-1

 

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Word Play, Vintage Vogue

Card: Very Vanilla
Ink: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo

Accessories:  Basic Rhinestones 

 

 

Happy that I managed to create something and I used the sentiment I wanted to use – bonus!

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Less is More Challenge – # 67 One Layer with 3 stamps

Divas By Design Challenge – # 35 We are Tickled Pink

Kaboodle Doodles Challenge - #119 CAS

That Craft Place – Monochromatic

One Stop Craft Challenge - Monochromatic

 

 

Thanks you for visiting once more and I hope to see you again soon.  Have a wonderful Friday…… Meg

5 comments:

Chrissie said...

Experimenting is often when we end up with things that please us most.
Pretty stamping Meg!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Lovely card Meg
That floral trail looks so pretty
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Deanna said...

Simply beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Clean and simple is a challenge for me, too! LOVE your card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Kaboodle Doodles.

Post a Comment